The All-New Thar Celebrated Its Launch Anniversary with 75000 Bookings
The All-New Thar continued its relentless march to automotive folklore and clocked 75000 bookings just a year after its launch on Mahindra Group’s 75th Anniversary on 2nd October 2020. It has breached the traditional boundaries set by off-roaders and invaded the dreams of metro-based young, urban buyers who are looking for an authentic yet sophisticated SUV experience. Not surprising that millennials account for over 40 percent of bookings. Another interesting fact is that almost 50 percent of the bookings are for the automatic variant and 25 percent of the total bookings are for the Petrol variant. The last generation Thar was available only with diesel engines and a manual gearbox option. Today, the All-New Thar is the largest selling 4WD vehicle in India. The sheer capability of the All-New Thar has been acknowledged in its reviews and through numerous awards. It has also forged a formidable community that loves to explore the impossible.
Awards, Expeditions, and Community Engagements
- The All-New Thar is one of the most heralded 4x4s in the country, winning over 19 awards since its launch last year.
- Expeditions by Mahindra Adventure such as the Royal Escape in Rajasthan and Trans- Arunachal drive gave an unparalleled off-roading experience to the enthusiasts.
- The All-New Thar also scaled the Siachen Glacier from Delhi with eight differently-abled people and members ‘C.L.A.W. (' Conquer Land Air Water) Global’ setting a new Land World Record.
- In order to provide an authentic SUV and off-roading experience to Thar customers, Mahindra Adventure has launched an Off-Road fundamentals course at its Off-Roading Academy campus in Igatpuri. The course will also be extended in other cities and it will be introduced in the specialty driver training programs to add to their skills.
- The iconic Thar, across its generations, has been a strong catalyst in building a mighty community which Mahindra is nurturing and growing. On 15th August 2021, Mahindra organized the 2nd edition of Thar Freedom Drive in nine cities in which over 200 Thar owners participated.
- Thar has a strong cult following amongst all model-level Indian automotive brand pages on Instagram (over 2.5 lakh followers) with very high levels of engagement.
About the All-New Thar: The All-New Thar celebrates 7 decades of M&M’s rich heritage and 4×4 legacy. It offers a unique combination of an iconic design and breath-taking performance, the latter being possible with the powerful 2.0L mStallion TGDi Petrol engine and 2.2L mHawk Diesel engine. Its legendary off-road capability is matched with superior on-road handling and drive quality, while comfort and technology features make this a sophisticated authentic SUV for everyday use. Engineered for world-class safety and with a host of passive and active safety features, the All-New Thar has been rated as the safest off-road SUV by Global NCAP with an adult and child safety rating of 4-stars.