K Raheja Corp sets up ‘Covid War Room’ to battle the virus spread. Employees turn volunteers
Ms. Urvi Aradhya, Chief Human Resource Officer, K Raheja Corp
- Dedicated team available 24×7 to help employees in need of emergency services.
- Encourages employees to take up existing policy: ‘Time off for Volunteering’
- Prioritizes wellbeing of employees; offers 3 extra days of leave for ‘self- care’
Mumbai, May 10, 2021: K Raheja Corp, India’s leading real estate conglomerate, announced various initiatives to help fight the war against the novel coronavirus. One of the key initiatives involves setting up a centralized 24×7 Covid War Room backed by a team of employees committed to assisting colleagues and in some cases even non-employees with emergency services. Acknowledging the tremendous outcome of the ‘power of unifying’ K Raheja Corp is also encouraging healthy employees to use the Company’s existent policy of ‘Time Off for Volunteering’, wherein employees can pursue any community service of their choice during regular workdays, six days in a year.
Additional initiatives include:
- Assisting employees in their financial security, the Company offers term insurance. The recent past has seen employees’ families being given 2 years lumpsum CTC in the unfortunate incident of loss of life. Improved medical cover, the benevolent scheme for those in need of assistance and advance salary for any exigencies have also been introduced.
Emotional and mental wellbeing
- To ensure emotional and mental wellbeing, the Company has launched an initiative christened ‘Reach Out’ wherein, employees and their families can get access to professional counseling.
- After hosting its first successful vaccination camp for employees over 45 years which saw an 81% success rate, camps for employees across age groups are now underway.
- The Company’s leave policy now includes 3 extra days offered for ‘self- care’. While there is no comparison to the scale of loss caused by this pandemic, we hope that taking some time off will help one to recuperate. Additionally, unlimited paid leaves for critical illness or treatment have also been introduced.
- Doctor on-call, isolation rooms, and other Covid 19 support are also made available.
Ms. Urvi Aradhya, Chief Human Resource Officer, K Raheja Corp said, “Alone we can achieve little, but together we can amplify efforts and achieve so much more. It is with this thought in mind that we set up our Covid War-Room recently, which has already assisted numerous colleagues and even non-employees.
We believe in giving back to the community, which led us to launch the ‘Time Off for Volunteering’ policy over half a decade ago, encouraging our people to take time off from work and assist someone in need, and there couldn’t be a better time for our people to action the policy.
Each step we take today, no matter how small, is building this into a larger initiative and we couldn’t be more thankful to our people for volunteering time and effort in creating a positive impact.”
About K RAHEJA CORP
K Raheja Corp is a success story spanning four decades and stands today as one of India’s leading developers, having pioneered the concepts of self-contained townships and commercial business districts in the country. Premeditating the changes in the industry, the Company continually crafts state-of-the-art spaces to meet the ever-changing demands of the market. With business diversified across commercial and residential real estate, hospitality, retail, malls, and power, K Raheja Corp has extensive acumen in all sectors of development.
From adaptive workplaces to exquisite residences, skillfully created hotels, and convention centers, to extensive retail destinations, the Company has made a significant impact on the evolution of modern-day living. K Raheja Corp delivers aspirational spaces with distinct characteristics and attributes, making each of its offerings inimitable. For more information, visit www.krahejacorp.com