Mercedes-Benz India to set up a temporary hospital with 1500 bed isolation wards for COVID-19 patients, in Pune
The new medication facility in Mhalunge-Ingale village in association with Zila Parishad to support approximately 1500 people
Mercedes-Benz India employees to voluntarily contribute one day’s salary, the amount of which will be matched by the company towards contribution to the Maharashtra Chief Minister’s Relief Fund for COVID-19 pandemic
- Mercedes-Benz India in association with the local authorities to set up a temporary hospital having medical facilities with isolation wards for the COVID-19 patients in the region
- The facility is in the Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority’s (MHADA) housing area, which is newly built with 374 rooms
- Set up in the Mhalunge-Ingale village, Chakan Khed, close to Pune and PCMC area, the facility will be able to hold approximately 1500 patients of COVID-19
- After easing of the COVID-19 condition, the medical equipment will be donated to the Civil Hospital of Khed, and the assets from isolation wards will be donated to the tribal youth hostels
- Mercedes-Benz India to also provide logistics support for setting up the isolation wards
- The company has also supported the Grant Medical Foundation (Ruby Hall Clinic) directly by donating Ventilators
- Mercedes-Benz India to support 1600 daily wage workers and BPLfamilies from Khed and Viman Nagar area: Provide them dry ration & cleaning kits.
Pune: In the wake of the ongoing global health crisis caused by the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, Mercedes-BenzIndia has decided to set up a temporary hospital with medical facilities and isolation wards for COVID-19 patients. The newly developed medical facility in Mhalunge-Ingale village, Chakan Khed, will have isolation wards with a capacity to take care of 1500 patients.
Mercedes-Benz India will assist the Zila Parishad with all the necessary infrastructure including the medical equipment required to create a temporary OPD, infrastructure for stay, stretchers, wheelchairs, PPE kits, sanitizers, etc. which are essential in the smooth functioning of the hospital and isolation ward. The company has also directly supported the Grant Medical Foundation (Ruby Hall Clinic) by donating Ventilators.
Martin Schwenk, Managing Director& CEO, Mercedes-Benz India said, “In these challenging times we are trying to support the local community and the local authorities. The new medical facility will help support the local authorities and the people of the region with healthcare in the coming times if the situation worsens. We stand together with our community and it remains our endeavor to support them and the authorities in every possible way. We hope for a steady recovery of the crisis and getting back to normalcy.”
This measure by the company will not only benefit the medical urgency of such challenging times but also benefit the community after closure of the temporary facility. Post easing of COVID-19 condition, the facility will close down and the medical equipment will be donated to the Civil Hospital of Khed. Also, the assets from isolation wards will be given to the tribal youth hostels by Government authorities.
Mercedes-Benz India to also supports 1600 families from Khed and Viman Nagar area. The company will provide them dry ration and cleaning kits. This initiative will be executed through Mercedes-Benz India’s existing partner-NGOs,Shashwat Trust and Ashraya Initiatives for children. This initiative will secure requirements for food and hygiene for these families till the end of May.